The uMP3 is a versatile, low power embedded MP3 player which allows designers to integrate high quality MP3/PCM/WAV/IMA ADPCM playback into designs.
The module has 8 external trigger pins which can be used to trigger MP3 tracks off of the SD/SDHC/MMC card. The uMP3 also has a 7 bit digital interface mode which allows extremely simple triggering of up to 127 different tracks.
The serial interface allows full control of all playback features, as well as all file functions available on the uMMC Serial Data Module (http://www.roguerobotics.com/products/electronics/ummc). This means you can play audio tracks and store/read data simultaneously.
Each module has a 1/8" stereo headphone jack for headsets (16 Ohms+) or for line-in connections.
For 7-12 volt operation (especially for standalone applications), we recommend using the Rogue Robotics rPower board (http://www.roguerobotics.com/products/electronics/rpower).
Firmware can be updated, as new features become available, through the serial interface.
* Plays MP3, PCM WAV, and IMA ADPCM WAV files.
* Plays all bitrate files, from 32 kbps up to 320 kbps.
* Plays all sample rate files, 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz.
* MP3 playback control via serial or parallel interface.
* Works out of the box by using digital triggers.
* Pitch control.
* Play tones (no files needed).
* Powerful and easy serial interface to SD/SDHC/MMC/TF flash memory cards.
* MMC, SD (SDC), SDHC cards supported.
* microSD, transflash, and miniSD support (with adapters).
* Easy to use serial data interface (TTL, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit).
* 2400 bps to 460800 bps serial rates.
* 40 KB/s throughput.
* 3 to 5 volt operation.
* RoHS Compliant.
* RTC built-in for time stamps (requires host to set after power-up).
* Low power operation - less than 60mA @ 5V during playback - less than 30mA @ 5V idle (ultra low power operation available).
* Small module footprint (2.5" x 2"/6.35cm x 5.08cm) with 4x40 mounting holes.
* FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 compatible - 1MB to 32GB and beyond.
* Random reading and writing data files (you can read and write anywhere in files).
* Up to 4 files open simultaneously.
* Internal high-speed file copying.
* Configuration can be read from card.
* Easily interfaced with any microcontroller (PIC, AVR, 8051, etc.).
* Chipset available (TQFP44/QFN44 + LQFP48).
* POP/Kiosk audio playback
* Portable MP3 player
* On-hold music for phone systems
* Amusement attractions
* Commercial ambient audio systems
* Music, speech and data storage for robotics
* ... and much more!
NOTE: SD/MMC card not included
PROJECTS AND EXAMPLES
If this board is out of stock on InMojo, try the Rogue Robotics Store:
|Open Source||Hardware||Docs & Files||Software|
|Open Source Hardware Definition v1.0||-||-||N/A|
InMojo supports the Open Source Hardware Definition v1.0